Monster Cookie Stack Recipe – Halloween Recipe
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- Pink, purple, brown or multicolored coarse decorating sugar
- Liquid food color, as desired
- 1 container (12 oz) vanilla whipped ready-to-spread frosting
- 1 tube (0.68 oz) black decorating gel (not food color)
- 30 miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup desired monster cereal, such as Frankenberry®, Boo Berry®, Count Chocula®, Yummy Mummy™ or Frute Brute™
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 3 cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Shape cookie dough into 45 small balls. Roll each ball in desired color of decorating sugar. Place balls 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Stir food color into frosting until no streaks remain. Frost cookies, and while frosting is still soft, make 15 stacks of 3 cookies each.
- To make eyes, place small drop of black decorating gel in center of each miniature marshmallow. Place 2 eyes on each cookie stack. Cover remaining frosted area with cereal.