Last Minute Spider Web Guacamole
Need a last minute appetizer for your party? We’ve got a quick solution that’s tasty and spooky!
- 4 cups guacamole
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 black olives
- 1 bag blue or red corn chips
- 1 firm avocado with the skin on
- Put a large round shallow bowl on a larger round platter. Fill the bowl with the guacamole and smooth the top with a spoon.
- Fill a squeeze bottle or pastry bag with sour cream. Draw 4 circles of sour cream onto the guacamole.
- Using the tip of a knife or skewer, pull lines from the center circle out, creating a spider web pattern.
- Slice 1 olive in half lengthwise and use one of the halves for the spider body. Slice 8 long spider legs from the remaining 1 1/2 olives. Arrange the spider on the web.
- Surround the bowl of guacamole with the tortilla chips.
- Using a paring knife, make 2 eyes on the wide end of the avocado, cutting through the skin and flesh all the way down to the pit; discard the skin and flesh.
- Cut an upside-down heart shape just through the skin for the nose, then remove the skin, leaving the flesh showing. For the mouth, cut a long rectangle just through the skin and remove it.
- Use a skewer or the tip of a knife to draw lines on the flesh for teeth.
- Place on the edge of the bowl for decoration and serve!