Jack-O-Lantern Stuffed Peppers
Mimic this classic Halloween decoration and tradition with this tasty and filling main course! You can used any color bell peppers you prefer!
- 6 Bell Peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 4 slices whole wheat bread - cubed
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 small diced tomato
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Lightly mix together the ground beef, egg, bread cubes, onion, tomato, garlic, chili sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Wash the peppers, and cut jack-o'-lantern faces into the peppers with a sharp paring knife, making triangle eyes and noses, and pointy-teeth smiles. Slice off the tops of the peppers, and scoop out the seeds and cores. Stuff the peppers lightly with the beef stuffing, and place them into the prepared baking dish so they lean against each other
- Bake in the preheated oven until the peppers are tender and the stuffing is cooked through and juicy, about 1 hour.